Monday, October 14, 2013

A boring day in the life of serawera

Actually don't have anything to blog about but I can't be bothered studying so here goes some rambling lol

Today was actually the first day in over two weeks that I didn't have work and could just stay at home the whole day. I was looking forward to sleeping in till late, having a nice BBQ dinner and then doing some study. And none of the above happened LOL.
well the BBQ was quite nice I suppose.. but I felt nauseous all day (dunno if it's from the pill that I just started going on.. or from lack of sleep).

So I finished work pretty late last night, came home and was drifting off to sleep when Jeannie drunk calls me telling me Cathy had her keys and she couldn't get into her apartment. I didn't wanna go out by myself so I made Brandon drive us to her place to get her.
When we got home, she was still super drunk haha it was so funny.. she just kept mumbling in Chinese; couldn't even understand a word she said. And she refused to sleep so I started playing Tetris while she continued to mumble to herself.. lolol drunk people are so funny..
Anyways after an hour or so, she finally fell asleep but I couldn't sleep for some reason as I started to feel super nauseous. It was already around 7am by this time, and she woke up around 3 hours later, and we realized that her keys were in her jacket pocket the whole time..
LOL lesson learnt = never believe anything a drunk person says hahaha

So we dropped her home, came back and slept for around 3 hours before bf's mum made us get up to help out with the BBQ. They were having a dinner party at home to celebrate bf's dad's birthday.
So I made a salad (which everyone said was super nice muhaha.. dammit I should've taken a photo) and helped cook on the BBQ.
And then we were just sitting at the table eating, when one of their family friends started talking in Shanghainese and I was like: 'Oh you guys are Shanghainese too' and they were like 'yeah~!' And then somehow the conversation got to them asking about my parents and I jokingly said: 'Oh you guys might even know my parents since the Shanghai circle is so small' And they asked what my parents' names were and I told them my mum is a twin. And they were like: 'Oh! We know of your family! You guys are famous in the Shanghai circle.' And I was like lol wtf...
It was a bit creepy cause they knew everything about us.. like the businesses my family have been doing and what school my brother goes to and shit.. I guess the world is super small.
So don't do anything bad! Cause everyone will know about it haha

Anyways, the BBQ itself was quite nice. We had heaps of food - sausages, my famous mushroom balls with wasabi + yumyum sauce, kumara, steak, lamb, salad, vegetables and heaps more.
I wish I took a photo now :(
Haven't had a BBQ in so long! Made me happy cause it means summer is finally coming!
And then we also had two cakes.. here is one of them.



I like taking photos of cakes cause they always look so pretty
I didn't have much food though cause I was still feeling nauseous..
maybe it's a good thing that I started the pill so it can help me lose weight lolol
But I shall see how I feel in the next few days

After dinner, me and the bf made some Hong Kong milk tea for everyone.
It was a practice round for the HKESA Food Festival next week where we are all bringing some foods/drinks to sell at uni (kinda like a night market thing)
Surprisingly, it's really easy to make milk tea. All you need is some strong black tea and condensed milk. And our first try was a success! Everyone said it even tastes better than the ones you buy heheh but they were probably just being nice :p

And then for the rest of the night, I caught up on Grey's Anatomy, Fei Cheng Wu Rao, and also watched the ATP Shanghai Finals where my hubby Del Potro was versing Djokovic!
lol me and Esther spammed Snapchat while watching cause it was so damn intense, but unfortunately, my hubby lost in the final round tie break :(
Oh well.. at least he got into the ATP World Tour Finals!! SO EXCITED.

So that was my day in a nutshell.
LOL I really don't know why I blogged about this cause it wasn't a very exciting day, but Carmen told me to blog so there you go.
This post is dedicated to you Carmie :3 I miss you!
Now you know how boring my life is hahaha

Probably should sleep now. Got our final auditing group presentation tomorrow!
Hope we get full marks again like last time ^^
Goodnight world.

Oh here are some photos of dinner from the other night with Eddy and Jeannie at The Grill by Sean Oconnolly. Haven't had fine dining in a while, and this place was super yum! (But also expensive TT)






1 comment:

  1. I miss you mooooaaarrr :< omg hk milk tea is so nice right xD and omg you can make good salad and stuff~ who's housewife material now :P~

    ReplyDelete