Wednesday, December 11, 2013

IM GETTING A PUPPY!!!

Well not yet but sooooon!!!
Guys I am so excited!!! I can't believe my wish is finally coming true.. I've wanted a puppy for so long now and FINALLY NOONE CAN STOP ME :D

Anyways so let me start from the beginning shall I.
I just got back from a 2-day trip to Hamilton with the bf. The first day (yesterday) consisted of apartment hunting and more apartment hunting. We literally drove all around Hamilton Central, checking out some places that I had found online. I also went to check out a homestay place from Skykiwi. I don't wanna be sad but that place was so unbelievably shit, there was no way I could live there. There was no kitchen; just a very sad-looking gas stove outside the house, the room was so tiny it could only fit a single bed and the bathroom was so gross-looking I didn't even want to step inside. But the rent was only $90 a week, which was the reason that attracted me to come see it, but I guess I shouldn't have expected much for that price. It did include 500gb of internet though, which I think was its only selling point, apart from the cheap rent haha. I felt really bad though, cause it was owned by an elderly Chinese couple, and they were so nice! It was pretty hard to reject.

So after a whole afternoon of driving around and looking at apartments/flats, we went to Wong's Kitchen for dinner. Finally got to try it! I've heard so many good things about that place; some of my friends even drive down especially just to go there, so I was pretty excited about it. And yeap it did not disappoint; it was the nicest fried chicken I've ever had! They have this sweet herb-y seasoning which tastes like nothing I've tried before. lol we had no idea how big the chicken pieces were so we got 7 pieces, and then turned out that the thigh pieces are actually humongous, and I couldn't even finish one piece LOL, so it was such a waste! But at least now we know for next time lol


After dinner, we went to check out one final place from Skykiwi, which I had already made an appointment to go see. And this is the funny part. Turns out that the guy who owns that place is Brandon's friend, and we also have like 50 mutual friends. I've actually met him before too; seriously such a small world! lol and the whole time, we had been txting in polite Chinese, when we could've just talked in English this whole time haha. But yeah he's a really cool guy, and the place was decent, so I pretty much made my mind up on the spot, especially after he said he doesn't mind pets. And it's also only a 15-min walk to work :) There's actually another girl living at his place; she's called Sarah too, works at Fonterra too, and also does accounting LOL, it was almost kinda scary haha, but she seems really easygoing, so I'm sure we will get along really well.

So yeah, I'm relieved that I can finally lift that weight off my shoulder. My mum has been bugging me everyday about it too so I can finally get her off my back too lol, and yeah the thing I am most excited about of course is getting a puppy!! Soo freaking excited haha

Anyways, so the reason why I had to go down to Hamilton was actually to attend a full-day conference today at Fonterra that my manager asked me to go to, so I could meet the team and get introduced to some of the work the team does and what I would be doing, so I don't get totally overwhelmed on the first day of work. My first rotation is in Business Performance; it's kinda like management accounting, doing budgets and looking at areas of cost-saving etc (which is what I'm more interested in, compared to financial accounting). 

So it was the team's half-yearly meeting, and everyone gave presentations and we had discussions (well they did lol I just listened) talking about ways to improve personal development, successes throughout the year, tips & tricks in software programs etc. I guess I learnt alot today, so it was quite useful, although I couldn't really understand half the things they were talking about. I did learn an awful lot about milk though LOL.. seemed like everything was about milk XD



After the conference, we had a pool tournament at the RSA, and me and my partner actually came first! It was only because he was really pro haha, and we got awarded a certificate, a cute lil trophy and a bag of Favourites chocolates, oh and a pedometer (lol how ironic)

So all in all, it was a pretty productive trip. Won't be going down again until I start in January, and I will probably be moving into the flat the weekend before I start. (which is also 2 days after I get back from my holiday lol) gonna be so busy!! ><

But for now I shall look forward to my overseas trip.. which is happening in less than 2 weeks!! 
And perhaps also start puppy-hunting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment