Saturday, December 14, 2013

Confession


I have a confession to make.

I've never been on a proper roller coaster.
Not even the Rainbow's End one haha
(note to self: use this in 'I Never' in the future lol)

It all started back when I was really young, before my parents started doing business, and when my mum used to work at an engineering company (yeah she's actually an engineer *shock horror* lol)
But yeah, she went to Rainbow's End with her colleagues on a company trip one day, and when she came back, she was a mess. She felt so sick she went to bed for the rest of the day.
The next day, I found out it was because of the roller coaster and the pirate ship. She said they had gone on the roller coaster first, and when she got off, she threw up non-stop and felt soo sick and it ruined her whole day. And that has scarred me till this day LOL

Travel sickness/motion sickness actually runs in our family. I used to get so carsick I had to take pills every time we went on a trip that was longer than half an hour. It's actually gotten alot better now, but I still get sick when I sit in the back seat of a car, or near the back in the bus.

But it's not only because I'm scared I will get sick. I'm also terrified of heights and I have watched too many scary movies where the roller coasters break down and everyone dies lol.. So I guess from a young age, I developed this phobia of roller coasters. It's rather embarrassing really.. which is why I don't think any of my friends know. I mean c'mon even lil kids go on them and I'm 22 for gods sake. 

Even on our family trip to Gold Coast, when we went to Dreamworld, I pretty much didn't go on any of the big rides. And early this year when I went to Ocean Park in Hong Kong with the bf, I refused to go on the big roller coasters too, and he said he wasn't gonna go by himself so it made me feel really bad. 

Which is why I think it's time to conquer my fear now. We are going to quite a few theme parks on our upcoming Asia trip so it would be such a shame to miss out again. The bf actually suggested going to try the Rainbows End one before we leave but we just haven't had the time. 

So I am writing this blog as a sort of promise to myself and to you guys, and especially to my bf that I will overcome my fear on this trip. Maybe I should get drunk and then I won't be scared anymore ha; that's actually a pretty good idea

soo yeah.. wish me luck!
And I will def blog about it afterwards ^^

1 comment:

  1. You can do it just go on a real short simple one! Or like elevator one where its just falling. It'll be so fun at Disney sea ;)

    ReplyDelete