Friday, September 6, 2013

Eyelid surgery update

lol so I was looking at my dashboard, and I noticed that my eyelid surgery post a few months back actually got over 800 views.. haha wow didn't know people actually read my blog..
And also, I was on soompi last night and everyone was doing their monthly update photos/blogs so I thought I would do one too.

It's been almost 7 months since my surgery.. actually I think tomorrow marks exactly seven months.. lol time goes so fast; seriously where did the last few months go??

So how should I start this.. maybe with some photos?
I feel quite brave posting these photos, as I look hideous in the first few haha.. hope I don't give you guys nightmares LOL
Anyways, here is me 2 days after surgery:
(I didn't take a photo immediately after surgery as my eyes had to be bandaged for 24 hours)



And here is me a week after surgery. I think this was taken just before I got my stitches out
After I got my stitches out, the swelling actually came down alot.


These were taken around 2 months after surgery.. with light makeup:


And here is me now! with no makeup:
(isn't the panda cute lol.. I put it there cause I look gay in that photo haha 
and couldn't be bothered taking anymore xD)


And with makeup.. weeee
the power of makeup LOL



Soo yeah.. as you can see, the fold has actually come down alot.. although it is still a little higher than I would've liked. It kinda looks a bit unnatural without makeup, but other than that I'm quite happy with the results. Both eyes look pretty even, and there is very little scarring. I used Bio-oil for awhile, but then I kept forgetting, and eventually I just stopped using it completely lol
I don't think the fold will change anymore since it has been seven months already.. but some people say it doesn't completely settle until a year after surgery, so hopefully my fold will still come down a tiny bit.

Feel free to ask any questions ;D

12 comments:

  1. usually very long lasting. Upper eyelid surgery can last anywhere from five to seven years to an entire lifetime, while lower Eyelid surgery rarely needs to be done more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People have different reasons for undergoing eyelid surgeries. And while some would be too skeptic or too scared to try this for themselves, it's great to see those who had successful operations and are happy with the results. Thank you for sharing your story with us, and I hope you are happy with the results.
    Cordell @ Baltimore Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes I am definitely happy with the results.. one of the best decisions I've ever made :)

      Delete
  3. Hi may I know whr did you get ur eyelid done. Ur eye so attractive ^^ ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you! I got it done at No 9 hospital in shanghai :)

      Delete
  4. How long did u start using bio oil ? Ur wound heals really well! Issit a full incision ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I didn't use bio-oil for very long because I kept forgetting so eventually I just stopped altogether haha, to be honest I didn't notice much difference. I think it just takes time for the wound to heal properly :) And yes it's full incision

      Delete
  5. Hi..may I know what kind of surgery u went for? Isit just full incisional? Any epi/ptosis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey yeah I went for full incision.. and also got my inner corners cut (not sure about the exact medical term for that) to make eyes appear wider. And I was always self-conscious about my eyes being slightly too far apart, so this was the perfect solution haha

      Delete
  6. Do you know what your eye measurement was set at? I had mine at a 7mm with my eyes closed and my crease is so high :( I'm only a couple of weeks post op so I hope if goes down...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love ur eyes!! Very big and attractive!!!

    May I know how is ur inner corner recovery? Does the epi surgery leave u any scars or white tiny spot?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sarah,

    Thanks for sharing your experiences - your eyes look really pretty! I'm glad things turned out great for you :)

    I write for a site at Cosmerience where our community share their experiences and photos. Would you mind if I share a short excerpt/photos with some of our readers? It'll be very useful. I'll of course link it back to your blog :)

    Stay beautiful!

    ReplyDelete